SHELF DRILLING ACQUIRES DIAMOND OCEAN SCEPTER JACKUP
Shelf Drilling, Ltd. announces that it has entered into a definitive agreement with subsidiaries of Diamond Offshore to purchase the Ocean Scepter jack-up drilling rig. The total cost for the rig (including the purchase price, the expected costs for the planned reactivation, and mobilization of the rig for its intended purpose) is expected to be approximately US$90 million. This all-in cost is substantially in line with the three jack-ups purchased by Shelf Drilling in 2017. The Ocean Scepter rig was built in 2008 and is of KFELS Mod Super B design, consistent with the Group’s rig acquisition strategy. The premium high-spec jack-up rig is currently located in the US Gulf of Mexico. Upon delivery, the rig will be mobilized to the Middle East, and the Group’s total shallow water rig count will increase from 39 rigs to 40 rigs. Shelf Drilling will finance the acquisition with proceeds from the Initial Public Offering (IPO) completed earlier in June, and cash on hand. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, and the rig is expected to be delivered during the third quarter of 2018.
Shelf Drilling is a leading international shallow water offshore drilling contractor with rig operations across Middle East, Southeast Asia, India, West Africa and the Mediterranean. Shelf Drilling was founded in 2012 with the acquisition of 37 jack up drilling rigs and one swamp barge from Transocean. (Source: Shelf Drilling – Image: Baltic Shipping)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021