SHELF DRILLING ACQUIRES THE JACKUP DEEP DRILLER 7 FROM ABAN OFFSHORE
Shelf Drilling announced that one of its subsidiaries has entered into an agreement with a subsidiary of Aban Offshore Limited to purchase the Deep Driller 7 jack-up drilling rig for a purchase price of USD 30 million. The Deep Driller 7 rig was built in 2008 and is of Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 design. The unit was built at PPL Shipyard in Singapore by Sembcorp Marine. Shelf Drilling plans to fund the acquisition of the premium highspec jack-up rig with cash on hand. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, and the rig is expected to be delivered in July 2022. The jackup is currently cold stacked in Abu Dhabi.
Headquartered in Dubai, Shelf Drilling international is shallow water offshore drilling contractor with rig operations across Middle East, Southeast Asia, India, West Africa and the Mediterranean. The company operates a fleet of 30 jackup rigs.
(Source: Shelf Drilling)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023