SHELF DRILLING AWARDED CONTRACT EXTENSION IN THE NORTH SEA
Shelf Drilling that a subsidiary of Shelf Drilling, (Shelf Drilling North Sea or SDNS) has secured a two-well contract extension for the Shelf Drilling Fortress jack-up rig, formerly Noble Sam Hartley. The firm term of the extension is approximately five months, with a contract value of approximately USD 18 million. The expected availability of the rig is now June 2024. The contract includes options for an additional two wells, with a total estimated duration of eight months.
The rig is currently contracted by China’s CNOOC to operate at the Golden Eagle offshore oil field in the UK North Sea. The CNOOC International-operated Golden Eagle field is located about 11 kilometres northeast of Aberdeen, UK and produced first oil in 2014.
Shelf Drilling Fortress is part of the five jackup rigs acquired from Noble Corporation in October 2022 following its merge with Maersk Drilling.
Shelf Drilling North Sea is a shallow water offshore drilling contractor primarily operating in the North Sea. The company’s fit-for-purpose strategy and fleet of modern high-specification harsh environment jack-up rigs enable it to offer a broad range of services in the shallow water drilling markets.
(Source: Shelf Drilling)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023