SHELF DRILLING AWARDED FIVE RIG CONTRACT EXTENSIONS IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Shelf Drilling advised it has secured a three-year contract extension on the High Island VII jack-up rig in direct continuation of its current contract for drilling operations in the Arabian Gulf with Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO). The contract includes a two-year option period.
High Island VII is a 250 ft LeTourneau 82-SD-C jackup built in 1982 at in Canada
The company also announced that it has secured a four-month extension for each of the High Island II, High Island IV, Main Pass I and Main Pass IV jack-ups in continuation of their existing contracts with Saudi Aramco. The four units were built in North America between 1979 and 1982.
Shelf Drilling headquartered in Dubai, was established in November 2012 following the acquisition of 37 jackup drilling rigs and one swamp rig from Transocean.
(Source: Shelf Drilling)
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020