SHELF DRILLING WINS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT IN INDIA FOR THE JACKUP PARAMESWARA
Shelf Drilling announced that it has received an award for a three-year contract for the Parameswara jackup rig with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) for operations in the Mumbai High, offshore India. The planned start-up of operations is Q1 2022.
Discovered in the early 1970’s with the first offshore well sunk in 1974. The field is located 176 km off the west coast of Mumbai, in Gulf of Cambay region of India, in about 75 m of water.
Parameswara is a BMC-300 IC jackup built at PPL shipyard in Singapore in 1983. Parameswara is currently is currently drilling offshore India for Adani Welspun Exploration.
(Source: Shelf Drilling)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021