SHELL COMPLETES THE SALE OF ITS 100% INTERESTS IN MALAMPAYA FIELD OFFSHORE PALAWAN
Following consent from the joint venture partners and regulatory approval, Shell Petroleum has completed the sale of its 100% shareholding in Shell Philippines Exploration (SPEX) to Malampaya Energy XP (MEXP), a subsidiary of Prime Infrastructure Capital Inc (Prime Infra).
SPEX, under the ownership of Prime Infra, will continue to own a 45% operating interest and be the operator of the Malampaya gas field. The other members of the Service Contract 38 consortium are UC38 LLC, a subsidiary of Udenna Corporation, and PNOC Exploration Corporation (PNOC EC). They respectively own 45% and 10% participating interests.
“Since operations began in 2002, the Malampaya gas field has supplied an important part of the Philippines’ energy demand through the dedicated work of our partners and staff, past and present,” said Zoe Yujnovich, Shell’s Upstream Director. “This sale supports our strategy to create a resilient and competitive Upstream portfolio”.
The Malampaya gas field or the Malampaya-Camago field is a deepwater gas-condensate reservoir, located in the Service Contract 38 license area, located offshore, 65 km northwest of the island of Palawan, Philippines.
The field was discovered during the drilling of the Camago-1 well in 1989, and following successful appraisal of the Malampaya field in the 1990s, first gas flowed in September 2001. Commercial production started in January 2002.
(Source: Shell – Image: Offshore facility on Malampaya field/Fluor)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023