SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Shell announced that the wells have been opened at its Prelude FLNG (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas) facility located 475km north-north east of Broome in Western Australia.
Prelude now enters start-up, ramp-up, which is the initial phase of production where gas and condensate is produced and is moved through the facility. Once this has concluded the facility will be stabilised for reliable production of LPG and LNG.
The focus continues to be on providing a controlled environment to ensure Prelude will operate reliably and safely now, and in the future.
Japan’s Inpex said that the Prelude FLNG facility will separate and liquefy the gas produced from the well to produce liquefied natural gas (LNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and condensate. These products will then be directly loaded from the FLNG facility onto tankers and shipped in sequence. IOGA’s equity portion of LNG produced through the Project is scheduled to be supplied to JERA (approximately 0.56MTPA) and Shizuoka Gas (approximately 0.07 MTPA) at plateau production volume, thereby contributing to the stable supply of energy to Japan.
Prelude FLNG is the world’s largest floating liquefied natural gas platform as well as the largest offshore facility ever constructed. The Prelude was built by the Technip / Samsung Consortium (TSC) in South Korea for a joint venture between Royal Dutch Shell, KOGAS, and Inpex. It is 488 metres (1,601 ft) long, 74 metres (243 ft) wide, and made with more than 260,000 tonnes of steel. At full load, it will displace more than 600,000 tonnes. The hull was launched in December 2013.
(Source: Shell/Inpex/Wikipedia) – Image: Shell)
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019
- US GULF OF MEXICO OIL PRODUCTION READY FOR NEW RECORDS 01st June 2019
- ITHACA ENERGY ACQUIRES CHEVRON NORTH SEA FOR $2 BILLION 30th May 2019