SHELL QGC TO DRILL 250 WELLS IN WESTERN DOWNS REGION OF QUEENSLAND
During 2019 and 2020, Shell will progressively drill 250 new gas wells as part of the QGC venture in the Western Downs region of Queensland.
The wells will connect to existing QGC gas processing plants and will bring approximately 930 petajoules of gas to market over the next three decades.
Called “Project Goog-a-binge”, its name was gifted by the Iman Traditional Owners. Goog-a-binge, is the Iman word for scrub turkey, a significant totem for this group, and found across the region.
The majority of Project Goog-a-binge will take place on Iman traditional territory.
Shell Australia chairman Zoe Yujnovich said Project Goog-a-binge will further boost Queensland’s regional economy and demonstrates Shell’s commitment to bring more gas to market.
“Project Goog-a-binge will deliver more and cleaner energy for both our Australian and LNG export customers for decades,” Ms Yujnovich said.
“The project is expected to create or sustain up to 350 jobs, the majority of which will be in regional Queensland and generate business opportunities for local suppliers – a substantial and ongoing boost for the local economy,” she said.
In the first half of 2018, Shell has already spent $140 million in Toowoomba and Surat Basin communities on goods and services supporting its existing operations.
The company currently supplies around 60% of Queensland’s domestic gas demand through both QGC and Arrow Energy.
Shell’s continued investment reflects its commitment to supplying the domestic market and enhancing Australia’s reputation as a global liquified natural gas supplier.
The development is subject to satisfying both Federal and State Government regulatory approvals. (Source and image: Shell QGC/QGC workers in the Surat Basin)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018