NIGERIA: SHELL STARTS PRODUCTION AT GBARAN-UBIE
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd joint venture has started production at Gbaran-Ubie Phase 2, a key project in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Phase 2 follows the success of the first phase of the Gbaran-Ubie integrated oil and gas development, which was commissioned in June 2010. Peak production of around 175,000 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day is expected in 2019.
“Today’s announcement is a positive step for Shell’s global gas portfolio,” said Andy Brown, Shell’s Upstream Director. “It is also good news for Nigeria as gas from Gbaran-Ubie Phase 2 will strengthen supply to the domestic market and maintain supply to the export market.”
Eighteen wells have been drilled and a new pipeline constructed between Kolo Creek and Soku which connects the existing Gbaran-Ubie central processing facility to the Soku non-associated gas plant. First gas flowed from the wells in March 2016, with the facilities coming on stream in July 2017.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the operator of a joint venture between the government-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, 55%), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and ENI subsidiary Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (5%).
Gbaran-Ubie is part of the OML 28, an onshore block of the central Niger Delta. The gas processing facility in the Niger Delta is located on the outside bank of the River Nun, north of Yenagoa. (Source: Shell)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020