NIGERIA: SHELL STARTS PRODUCTION AT GBARAN-UBIE
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd joint venture has started production at Gbaran-Ubie Phase 2, a key project in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region. Phase 2 follows the success of the first phase of the Gbaran-Ubie integrated oil and gas development, which was commissioned in June 2010. Peak production of around 175,000 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day is expected in 2019.
“Today’s announcement is a positive step for Shell’s global gas portfolio,” said Andy Brown, Shell’s Upstream Director. “It is also good news for Nigeria as gas from Gbaran-Ubie Phase 2 will strengthen supply to the domestic market and maintain supply to the export market.”
Eighteen wells have been drilled and a new pipeline constructed between Kolo Creek and Soku which connects the existing Gbaran-Ubie central processing facility to the Soku non-associated gas plant. First gas flowed from the wells in March 2016, with the facilities coming on stream in July 2017.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the operator of a joint venture between the government-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, 55%), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and ENI subsidiary Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (5%).
Gbaran-Ubie is part of the OML 28, an onshore block of the central Niger Delta. The gas processing facility in the Niger Delta is located on the outside bank of the River Nun, north of Yenagoa. (Source: Shell)
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019