SHELL TO INVEST IN ARRAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA
Dr Andy Samuel, Chief Executive of the UK Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) welcomed Shell’s announcement to invest in the Arran field:
“The OGA is very pleased with the decision by Shell and partners, Rockrose and Dyas, to proceed with investment in the Arran field development. Great credit to the new operator and partnership for showing real adaptability and tenacity to drive this project forward for what is Shell’s fourth field development approval this year.
“The Arran field has been on our radar for quite some time as a key component of our Central Graben Area Plan – which takes an area approach to maximising the considerable value across that part of the Central North Sea. Shell’s Fram development, which we approved earlier this year, is another part of our Central Graben Area Plan.
“I look forward to the other elements of this plan, including another operator and field development, coming to fruition in the near future.”
The Arran field is located across three blocks, 23/11a, 23/16b and 23/16c southeast of the Chrysaor-operated Everest field. The field will be developed as a subsea tie-back to the Shearwater A platform via a new build 51 kilometre long pipeline. (Source: OGA)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018