SHELL TO INVEST IN ARRAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA
Dr Andy Samuel, Chief Executive of the UK Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) welcomed Shell’s announcement to invest in the Arran field:
“The OGA is very pleased with the decision by Shell and partners, Rockrose and Dyas, to proceed with investment in the Arran field development. Great credit to the new operator and partnership for showing real adaptability and tenacity to drive this project forward for what is Shell’s fourth field development approval this year.
“The Arran field has been on our radar for quite some time as a key component of our Central Graben Area Plan – which takes an area approach to maximising the considerable value across that part of the Central North Sea. Shell’s Fram development, which we approved earlier this year, is another part of our Central Graben Area Plan.
“I look forward to the other elements of this plan, including another operator and field development, coming to fruition in the near future.”
The Arran field is located across three blocks, 23/11a, 23/16b and 23/16c southeast of the Chrysaor-operated Everest field. The field will be developed as a subsea tie-back to the Shearwater A platform via a new build 51 kilometre long pipeline. (Source: OGA)
- BP STARTS UP THUNDER HORSE NORTHWEST EXPANSION 19th October 2018
- NIGERIA: PIPE LINE BLAST KILLED 200 IN ABA 17th October 2018
- SHELL QGC TO DRILL 250 WELLS IN WESTERN DOWNS REGION OF QUEENSLAND 12th October 2018
- PEMEX DISCOVERS MAJOR OILFIELDS IN MEXICO’s SURESTE BASIN 11th October 2018
- ENSCO ACQUIRES ROWAN IN A $2.38 BILLION DEAL 09th October 2018