SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR
Siemens Gamesa recently reported via Twitter:
“A record has been set by our SG 14-222 DD offshore prototype! The turbine has produced 359 megawatt-hours within a 24-hour time period – the most power one turbine has ever produced over this duration and enough energy to drive 1.8 million km in a mid-sized electric car!”
The record for production over a 24-hour period was previously held by the GE Haliade-X offshore wind turbine installed at Sif Maasvlakte 2 in the Port of Rotterdam, which generated 312 MWh of electricity in 24 hours in November 2020.
This new world record comes from the SG 14-222 DD prototype offshore wind turbine at its test centre in Østerild, Denmark, in November 2021.
In November 2021, Vattenfall selected the SG 14-236 DD to power the 3.6 GW Norfolk offshore wind projects in UK.
The SG 14-222 DD is expected to power the Hai Long offshore wind project in Taiwan.
(Source and image : Siemens Gamesa – SG 14-222 DD wind turbine)
- QATAR ENERGY AND SINOPEC SIGN 27-YEAR LNG SUPPLY AGREEMENT 22nd November 2022
- SCHLUMBERGER CHANGES ITS NAME TO SLB TO DRIVE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY 25th October 2022
- ADNOC BREAKS RECORD FOR THE LONGEST WELL EVER DRILLED 21st October 2022
- SAIPEM AWARDED BY QATARGAS ITS LARGEST SINGLE CONTRACT IN THE COMPANY HISTORY 20th October 2022
- CAMECO AND BROOKFIELD FORM PARTNERSHIP TO ACQUIRE WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC 17th October 2022
- SIEMENS GAMESA SG 14-222 DD WIND TURBINE PRODUCED 359 MW WITHIN 24 HOUR 14th October 2022