SKANDI BUZIOS COMMENCES 8-YEAR CONTRACT WITH PETROBRAS
TechnipFMC and DOF Subsea announce that the Skandi Buzios, a pipelay support vessel owned by the joint venture formed between TechnipFMC (50%) and DOF (50%), commenced its 8-year charter contract with Petrobras, as scheduled on April 13th, 2017.
Skandi Búzios is the sistership of the Skandi Açu, which started its charter contract on August 13th, 2016. These two vessels have the most important flexible pipelay tension capacity in the world (650 tons), enabling the installation of large diameter flexible pipes in the ultra-deepwater Brazilian pre-salt area.
Under the joint venture agreement, TechnipFMC is responsible for the engineering and management of the flexible pipelay, while Norskan S.A., a DOF ASA subsidiary, is responsible for the marine operations. (Source and image: TechnipFMC)
- PSA INVESTIGATES FATAL ACCIDENT ON MAERSK INTERCEPTOR 09th December 2017
- YAMAL LNG PRODUCES FIRST COMMERCIAL LNG 07th December 2017
- PROCUCTION STARTS AT HEBRON FIELD 29th November 2017
- BRAZIL: LIBRA GIANT FIELD ON STREAM 28th November 2017
- OPENING MOMENTS OF CHERNOBYL TRAGEDY REWRITTEN 26th November 2017