SKANDI BUZIOS COMMENCES 8-YEAR CONTRACT WITH PETROBRAS
TechnipFMC and DOF Subsea announce that the Skandi Buzios, a pipelay support vessel owned by the joint venture formed between TechnipFMC (50%) and DOF (50%), commenced its 8-year charter contract with Petrobras, as scheduled on April 13th, 2017.
Skandi Búzios is the sistership of the Skandi Açu, which started its charter contract on August 13th, 2016. These two vessels have the most important flexible pipelay tension capacity in the world (650 tons), enabling the installation of large diameter flexible pipes in the ultra-deepwater Brazilian pre-salt area.
Under the joint venture agreement, TechnipFMC is responsible for the engineering and management of the flexible pipelay, while Norskan S.A., a DOF ASA subsidiary, is responsible for the marine operations. (Source and image: TechnipFMC)
- BARENTS SEA RESOURCES TWICE AS ASSUMED 26th April 2017
- LAYANG-LAYANG: BRUNEI SHELL FIRST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 37 YEARS 19th April 2017
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN GABON 25th March 2017
- TRANSOCEAN TO SELL ENTIRE JACKUP FLEET TO BORR DRILLING 20th March 2017
- HORSESHOE, ALASKA NORTH SLOPE: LARGEST US ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 30 YEARS 10th March 2017