SKANDI BUZIOS COMMENCES 8-YEAR CONTRACT WITH PETROBRAS
TechnipFMC and DOF Subsea announce that the Skandi Buzios, a pipelay support vessel owned by the joint venture formed between TechnipFMC (50%) and DOF (50%), commenced its 8-year charter contract with Petrobras, as scheduled on April 13th, 2017.
Skandi Búzios is the sistership of the Skandi Açu, which started its charter contract on August 13th, 2016. These two vessels have the most important flexible pipelay tension capacity in the world (650 tons), enabling the installation of large diameter flexible pipes in the ultra-deepwater Brazilian pre-salt area.
Under the joint venture agreement, TechnipFMC is responsible for the engineering and management of the flexible pipelay, while Norskan S.A., a DOF ASA subsidiary, is responsible for the marine operations. (Source and image: TechnipFMC)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017