SMALL OIL DISCOVERY AT THE UTSIRA HIGH IN THE NORWEGIAN NORTH SEA
Equinor and partners Lundin and Spirit Energy have made a small oil discovery in production licence 167 at the Utsira High in the North Sea.
The Lille Prinsen Outer Wedge well is located about 1 kilometre west of Lille Prinsen Main, an oil discovery made in the summer of 2018. Lille Prinsen Outer Wedge is located 200 kilometres west of Stavanger and 5 kilometres north-east of the Ivar Aasen field.
The discovery in the main reservoir is currently estimated to contain between 5 and 25 million barrels of oil in-place. It has not yet been concluded if the discovered oil is commercial.
Evaluation of other segments in Lille Prinsen, and former discoveries in shallower formations, will determine the need for further appraisal of Lille Prinsen.
A small-size oil discovery was recently made in the Klaff well in PL 502 about 1 kilometre west of the Johan Sverdrup oil field in the central part of the North Sea.
The discovery was made in fractured basement rock, and it is currently not possible to determine whether the oil is recoverable. Pending new information and interpretation of acquired data the preliminary classification is that the Klaff well is dry.
(Source and image: Equinor)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL IN THE DEEPEST WATER DEPTH EVER DRILLED 15th January 2020
- EQUINOR TO EXTEND STATFJORD FIELD PRODUCTION TOWARDS 2040 10th January 2020
- APACHE AND TOTAL REPORT SIGNIFICANT OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 08th January 2020
- HYDEPLOY – FIRST HYDROGEN INJECTION INTO KEELE UNIVERSITY GAS NETWORK 04th January 2020
- REPSOL HITS OIL ON THE KANUKU LICENSE OFFSHORE GUYANA 03rd January 2020
- GAZPROM AND NAFTOGAZ SIGN MAJOR GAZ TRANSIT DEAL 02nd January 2020