SNC LAVALIN AND ABB FORM LINXON JV COMPANY
SNC-Lavalin and ABB today announced the formation of Linxon, a new joint-venture, for the execution of turnkey electrical AC substation projects. The transaction was announced in December 2017 and Linxon is expected to commence operations from September 1, 2018, with SNC-Lavalin having a majority and controlling interest in the JV.
Linxon will undertake turnkey electrical alternating current substation projects related to renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and transportation solutions. Turnkey solutions will include project design, engineering, procurement, construction, management, commissioning and after-sales support. Linxon will have an opening order backlog of USD $340-million (CAD $440-million).
“We are delighted to join forces with ABB and bring together our respective strengths to deliver sustainable energy solutions for substations, while providing value for customers through cost efficiencies and an enhanced delivery capability,” said Marie-Claude Dumas, Chair, Board of Directors, Linxon and President of Clean Power, SNC-Lavalin.
Frédéric Tréfois, currently responsible for Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) solutions within ABB’s Grid Integration business has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Linxon.
“Linxon will combine ABB’s technology leadership with SNC-Lavalin’s expertise in managing infrastructure projects to deliver enhanced customer value” said Claudio Facchin, President of ABB’s Power Grids division. ”This joint venture will help capture new business opportunities for both companies and reinforces our strategy of forging new alliances and business models, as part of the ABB Power Grids ‘Power Up’ transformation program.”
Founded in 1911 and based in Monreal, Canada, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. (Source and image: ABB)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023