SONADRILL SECURES CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR LIBONGOS DRILLSHIP IN ANGOLA
Seadrill has secured a new extension has been secured by Sonadrill, Seadrill’s 50:50 joint venture with an affiliate of Sonangol. Sonadrill has secured a 12-well extension in Angola for the Libongos drillship at $402,500 per day.
Total contract value for the firm portion of the contract is approximately $327 million, inclusive of additional services. Commencement is expected in Q4 2022, with a firm-term of approximately 25 months, in direct continuation to the existing contract.
There are currently three drillships bareboat chartered into Sonadrill, a Seadrill owned unit, the West Gemini and two Sonangol-owned units, the Quenguela and Libongos. Seadrill manage and operate the units on behalf of Sonadrill.
Seadrill’s Chief Executive Officer, Simon Johnson commented “Sonadrill remains strategically important for the development of the Angolan oil and gas sector. Sonadrill is the number one rig operator in Angola and this new contract will generate significant free cash flow for the joint venture which will ultimately flow to Seadrill and Sonangol as shareholders.”
Sonadrill Libongos, an ultra-deepwaterdrillship was built by DSME at its Okpo Shipyard in South Korea, in 2019.
(Source: Seadrill – Image: Sonadrill Libongos/Baird Maritime)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023