SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA
Algeria’s state-owned oil and gas company Sonatrach announced an important gas and condensate discovery in the Lias Carbonate reservoir LD2 in the Hass R’Mel area.
The preliminary assessment shows an estimated capacity of between 100 billion and 340 billion cubic meters of gas condensate.
These volumes constitute one of the largest revaluations of reserves in the last 20 years.
A development work program is underway to confirm the estimated volumes and achieve fast track production of around 10 million m3 per day from November 2022.
The Hassi R’Mel deposit is located 550 km south of Algiers the capital, between the wilayas of Ghardaïa and Laghouat, in a relatively flat region of the Sahara where the average altitude is around 750 m.
Discovered in 1956 by the Compagnie Française des Pétroles Algérie, in a Triassic formation, the field still represents a quarter of the Algeria’s gas production.
(Source: Sonatrach – Image: Road in Hassi R’Mel area in the Sahara desert)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022