SONGA ENABLER TO DRILL EXPLORATION WELL IN KAYAK PROSPECT, BARENTS SEA
Statoil operator for production licence 532 in the Barents Sea and has received consent from the Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority, to drill exploration well 7219/9-2 in a prospect named Kayak.
The well’s geographical coordinates will be:
72o 19′ 50.58″ N
19o 54′ 24.10″ E
The drilling site is 198 kilometres north-west of Soroya in Finnmark and around 140 kilometres north-west of Goliat. Water depth at the site is 336 metres. Drilling is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and is scheduled to last 27 days.
The well will be drilled using the Songa Enabler mobile drilling facility, which is owned and operated by Songa Offshore.
Songa Enabler is a semi-submersible facility of the CAT D type, built at the Daewoo yard in South Korea in 2016. (Source: PSA)
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017
- GAZPROM NEFT DISCOVERS NEW FIELD IN OKHOTSK SEA 09th October 2017
- LOWEST DAYRATE EVER FOR ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIPS 30th September 2017
- TRANSOCEAN TO SCRAP SIX DEEPWATER/ULTRA-DEEPWATER FLOATERS 23rd September 2017
- TOTAL ACQUIRES MAERSK OIL FOR $7.45 BILLION 21st August 2017