SONGA ENABLER TO DRILL EXPLORATION WELL IN KAYAK PROSPECT, BARENTS SEA
Statoil operator for production licence 532 in the Barents Sea and has received consent from the Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority, to drill exploration well 7219/9-2 in a prospect named Kayak.
The well’s geographical coordinates will be:
72o 19′ 50.58″ N
19o 54′ 24.10″ E
The drilling site is 198 kilometres north-west of Soroya in Finnmark and around 140 kilometres north-west of Goliat. Water depth at the site is 336 metres. Drilling is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and is scheduled to last 27 days.
The well will be drilled using the Songa Enabler mobile drilling facility, which is owned and operated by Songa Offshore.
Songa Enabler is a semi-submersible facility of the CAT D type, built at the Daewoo yard in South Korea in 2016. (Source: PSA)
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018
- NEPTUNE ENERGY ACQUIRES ENGIE E&P 16th February 2018
- BLAST ONBOARD SAGAR BHUSHAN DRILLSHIP KILLS FIVE 15th February 2018
- ENI CONFIRMS CALYPSO DISCOVERY OFFSHORE CYPRUS 09th February 2018
- 2018 OUTLOOK FOR ENERGY – A VIEW TO 2040 05th February 2018
- MAERSK DISCOVERER ACHIEVES SHALLOWEST WATER DRILLING IN DP MODE 29th January 2018