SONGA ENABLER TO DRILL EXPLORATION WELL IN KAYAK PROSPECT, BARENTS SEA
Statoil operator for production licence 532 in the Barents Sea and has received consent from the Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority, to drill exploration well 7219/9-2 in a prospect named Kayak.
The well’s geographical coordinates will be:
72o 19′ 50.58″ N
19o 54′ 24.10″ E
The drilling site is 198 kilometres north-west of Soroya in Finnmark and around 140 kilometres north-west of Goliat. Water depth at the site is 336 metres. Drilling is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and is scheduled to last 27 days.
The well will be drilled using the Songa Enabler mobile drilling facility, which is owned and operated by Songa Offshore.
Songa Enabler is a semi-submersible facility of the CAT D type, built at the Daewoo yard in South Korea in 2016. (Source: PSA)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017