STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN
Stage Completions Corporation announced a record-setting 142-stage completion, with the 5.5” Bowhead II Sliding Sleeve System (Bowhead II system) in the Permian basin. The fracturing operation was completed in 4.3 days (34 stages per day), placing 9.2 million lb (4,600 tons) of sand at a maximum concentration of 4 ppg (480 kg/m3), and a maximum pump rate of 60 bbl/min (9.54 m3/min), with an average horsepower requirement of 4300 hp.
The Bowhead II system runs a dissolvable ball on collet that activates sliding sleeves. The Bowhead II system has a constant ID through the wellbore that is cementable in place and allows for longer laterals, tighter spacing, higher pump rates, reduced HHP requirements, optimized water volumes for completions, and higher sand concentration. The Bowhead II system provides continuous pinpoint fracturing capability to operators without wireline or coiled tubing.
The Bowhead II system offers clear technical advantages with respect to controlled fracture placement and stimulation efficiency. Mr. Sean Campbell, President of Stage, stated, “The trending emphasis on choosing the best completion practice for each well application should lead the industry as a whole to favor the Bowhead II system. Stage strives to remain a leading technology innovator and continues to differentiate itself in the industry. Operators have placed a high priority on completion efficiencies that directly impact estimated ultimate recovery and return on investment during a well’s life cycle. Post this large-scale completion, several operators are planning wells utilizing the 5.5” Bowhead II system.”
The Stage Completions group of companies based in Calgary, Alberta, is driving oil and gas completions forward with its disruptive technology for downhole single-point entry. Its proprietary technology utilizes single-point entry fracturing to increase well productivity and reduce well cost.
(Source and image: Stage Completions)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020