STATOIL SECURES WEST SATURN DRILLSHIP
Statoil Brasil Oleo e Gas Ltda has awarded Seadrill rig contracts for exploration drilling in the BM-S-8 license in the Santos basin.
The agreement includes two contracts: Seadrill Offshore AS will provide the drillship West Saturn and Seadrill Serviços de Petroleo Limitada will provide services on board. The fixed contract scope includes one exploration well and one drill stem test, which are part of the license commitments of the exploration phase. The BM-S-8 license contains parts of the Carcará pre-salt oil discovery.
The West Saturn is a 6th generation ultra-deepwater drillship, built in 2014 and equipped to drill in water depths of up to 12,000 feet (3600 metres). Commencement date for the contracts is planned between 1 December 2017 and 1 March 2018. Under the contract, Statoil intends to drill the independent Guanxuma prospect.
Following the Guanxuma well, Statoil plans to perform a drill stem test on the Carcara discovery.
In addition to the firm program, the contracts include options for seven more exploration wells. Statoil can exercise these options based on the results of the firm exploration program and may deploy the West Saturn across its Brazilian assets, given regulatory approval. (Source: Statoil)
- ELON MUSK UNVEILS TESLA SEMI 18th November 2017
- PEMEX LARGEST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 06th November 2017
- FIRST WHEATSTONE LNG CARGO DEPARTS FOR JAPAN 01st November 2017
- CHEVRON STARTS LNG PRODUCTION AT WHEATSTONE 10th October 2017
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PREMIUM JACKUP RIGS FROM PPL SHIPYARD 09th October 2017