STATOIL SECURES WEST SATURN DRILLSHIP
Statoil Brasil Oleo e Gas Ltda has awarded Seadrill rig contracts for exploration drilling in the BM-S-8 license in the Santos basin.
The agreement includes two contracts: Seadrill Offshore AS will provide the drillship West Saturn and Seadrill Serviços de Petroleo Limitada will provide services on board. The fixed contract scope includes one exploration well and one drill stem test, which are part of the license commitments of the exploration phase. The BM-S-8 license contains parts of the Carcará pre-salt oil discovery.
The West Saturn is a 6th generation ultra-deepwater drillship, built in 2014 and equipped to drill in water depths of up to 12,000 feet (3600 metres). Commencement date for the contracts is planned between 1 December 2017 and 1 March 2018. Under the contract, Statoil intends to drill the independent Guanxuma prospect.
Following the Guanxuma well, Statoil plans to perform a drill stem test on the Carcara discovery.
In addition to the firm program, the contracts include options for seven more exploration wells. Statoil can exercise these options based on the results of the firm exploration program and may deploy the West Saturn across its Brazilian assets, given regulatory approval. (Source: Statoil)
- HYUNDAY HEAVY INDUSTRIES TO HALT OPERATIONS AT OFFSHORE SHIPYARDS 22nd June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018