STATOIL STRENGHTEN POSITION IN GREAT AUSTRALIAN BIGHT
Statoil has signed a swap agreement with BP and has been granted regulatory approval to take over two exploration permits and extend its work program in the Great Australian Bight.
The agreement between Statoil and BP covers four offshore petroleum titles:
In offshore exploration permits EPP37 and EPP38 Statoil has transferred its 30% equity interest to BP and exited the licences.
In offshore exploration permit EPP39 and EPP40 BP has transferred its 70% equity interest to Statoil and exited the licences. Statoil consequently holds 100% equity interest.The National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) has approved the transfers and Statoil is now operator of EPP 39 and EPP40. Statoil has also been granted a suspension and extension of the work commitments in EPP39 and EPP40. The approved extension includes the drilling of one exploration well in EPP39 before 30 October 2019. Statoil has mapped a number of prospects in its licence area, including the Stromlo-1 well candidate in EPP39. Stromlo offers high-impact potential in a frontier exploration setting, while EPP40 represents upside exploration potential.
“We will now take the necessary time to systematically work through all the preparations needed to drill safely. While we are building on the previous work done in these licences, our operational plans will have to be redeveloped,” said Jacques-Etienne Michel, Statoil’s country manager in Australia.
“In the end, it will be up to the Australian regulatory authorities to grant the necessary approvals for the activity to go ahead. Over the coming months, we will engage in dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders, including the South Australian community,’ said Michel. (Source and image: Statoil)
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020