STATOIL STRENGTHENS POSITION IN BM-S-8 OFFSHORE BRAZIL
Statoil ASA and Queiroz Galvao Exploraçao e Produçao (QGEP) have signed an agreement for Statoil to acquire QGEP’s 10% interest in the BM-S-8 licence in Brazil’s Santos basin. The additional 10% equity will increase Statoil’s operated interest in the licence from 66% to 76%. The total consideration for the transaction is USD 379 million.
BM-S-8 includes a substantial part of the Carcará discovery comprising high-quality oil of around 30° API and with associated gas in a thick reservoir with excellent properties. Statoil estimates the recoverable volumes within the BM-S-8 licence to be in the range of 700 to 1,300 million barrels of oil equivalent.
“This acquisition is a further expression of our confidence in Brazil, a core area for Statoil. It also reinforces our position in a world-class asset which is a good match with our competence and capacity. The transaction supports our strategy to pursue high value and low carbon opportunities”, says Anders Opedal, Statoil’s Country Manager for Brazil.
This transaction is Statoil’s second in BM-S-8, following the agreement in 2016 with Petrobras to acquire its 66% operated interest, and strengthens Statoil’s position for operatorship of the unitised Carcara field.
As with the 2016 transaction, half of the total consideration will be paid upon closing of the transaction, with the remainder being paid when certain conditions have been met. These are partly related to the licence award, but mainly to the future unitisation of Carcara. (Source: Statoil)
- HYUNDAY HEAVY INDUSTRIES TO HALT OPERATIONS AT OFFSHORE SHIPYARDS 22nd June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018