STEEL CUTTING IN NANTONG FOR NEW AWILCO CS60 ECO SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Awilco Drilling is pleased to confirm that first steel cutting took place for the lower hull of our new CS60 ECO drilling semi-submersible at Keppel FELS shipyard in Nantong, China. The company expects to also strike steel on the upper hull at KeppelFels in Singapore within December.
The new rig is scheduled for delivery in March 2021.
In March 2018 Keppel FELS secured a contract from Awilco to construct a Moss Maritime’s CS60 ECO MW semi-submersible drilling rig for harsh environment use, worth about US$425 million. The drilling rig will be outfitted for mid-water operations of up to depths of 1,500m.
Awilco placed a repeat order for a second unit in March 2019 worth about $425 million.
The new-build rig design is the MOSS CS60 ECO MW, a high-end harsh-environment semi-submersible drilling rig. This is a bespoke mid-water rig designed to offer customers best in class safety, environmental and operational performance. Incorporating the very latest in technology, this rig will deliver significant well cost saving and enhanced operational reliability whilst reducing our impact on the environment.
The CS60 ECO MW is both Norwegian and UK compliant and is predominantly targeted at these two markets, including the Barents Sea and Atlantic Margin.
Awilco Drilling, based in Aberdeen, UK, owns two midwater semi-submersibles, WilPhoenix and WilHunter, built in 1982 and 1983 respectively. The two rigs are currently idle.
(Source: Awilco Drilling – Image: Moss Maritime)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023