STENA DRILLING SECURES CONTRACT WITH BP CANADA FOR THE DRILLSHIP STENA ICEMAX
Stena Drilling has signed a new drilling contract with bp Canada Energy Group for the drillship Stena IceMAX.
The one well programme, scheduled for 2023, will be off the coast of Newfoundland and has an estimated duration of 80 days.
Capable to drill in waters up to 7,500 ft the Stena IceMAX was built by Samsung at its Geoje Shipyard in South Korea. It was delivered in 2012. The drillship is currently drilling off the coast of Israel for Energean.
(Source: Stena Drilling – Image: Stena IceMAX/TRS)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023