STENA SPEY WINS NEXEN CONTRACT IN UK CENTRAL NORTH SEA
Aberdeen based Stena Drilling informs that, following a competitive tender exercise, it has signed a contract with Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited for the Stena Spey. The drilling campaign is around 110 days with a potential additional option well on the Golden Eagle field, UK Central North Sea, and will commence on completion of the current well with Repsol-Sinopec. Stena Drilling is very pleased to be working with Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited and this workscope presents another exciting new opportunity for the Stena Spey and the crews.
Stena Spey is a Friede and Goldman L-907 Enhanced Pacesetter mid-water semi-sumersible, built in 1983 by Daewoo in South Korea.
Stena Drilling a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stena AB, owns and operates a fleet of four state-of-the-art UDW drillships and three mid-water semi-submersibles. (Source and Image: Stena Drilling)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024