SUBSEA 7 AWARDED CONTRACT FOR BUZZARD PHASE 2 PROJECT
Subsea 7 today announced the award of a significant contract by Nexen as part of the Buzzard Phase 2 Project, located approximately 55 kilometres off the north-east coast of Scotland.
Subsea 7’s contract scope includes project management, engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a 5km Pipeline Bundle along with associated well and platform tie-ins, and provision of a heavy lift vessel for transport and installation of a new topside module.
Project management and detailed engineering has commenced at Subsea 7’s office in Aberdeen. The Pipeline Bundle will be fabricated at Subsea 7’s Wester site near Wick, with technical support from Subsea 7’s specialist Pipeline Group in Glasgow. Project management and engineering for the heavy lift work scope will be conducted from Seaway Heavy Lifting’s office in Zoetermeer in the Netherlands.
The offshore activities will mainly take place in 2020.
Jonathan Tame, Subsea 7 Vice President UK & Canada, said: “Subsea 7 has a long established reputation of close collaboration with clients and supply chain partners to seek out innovative and value-adding ways of working. This award represents the ideal opportunity to demonstrate this and to continue our long history of successful project delivery to Nexen.”
Located about 96 km northeast of Aberdeen in approximately 96 metres of water, the Nexen-operated Buzzard platform is the largest UK North Sea oil discovery in the past two decades. BPII is a subsea development of the Buzzard northern area. The objective of this project is to safely develop additional reserves and bring new production on stream, supporting the goal of maximizing economic recovery in the North Sea. (Source: Subsea 7, Nexen)
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019
- NEW HORIZONS MAKES HISTORIC FLYBY OF ULTIMA THULE 01st January 2019
- NASA: ARCTIC ICE GROWS AT FASTER PACE IN WINTER 29th December 2018
- TRANSOCEAN AWARDED FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT FOR NEWBUILD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP 29th December 2018
- SHELL PRELUDE FLNG FACILITY STARTS PRODUCTION IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 26th December 2018
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018