SUBSEA 7 WINS AKER BP CONTRACT FOR HOD FIELD DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OFFSHORE NORWAY
Subsea 7 announced the award of a significant contract by Aker BP for the Hod Field Development Project, located 12 km from the Valhall area in the southern part of the North Sea.
The re-development concept includes a new Wellhead platform (Hod B) tied back to Valhall Field Centre with rigid pipelines and an umbilical.
The contract scope includes EPCI for pipelines, umbilicals and tie-ins using key vessels from Subsea 7’s modern fleet. The production pipeline is a pipe-in-pipe design and will include the world’s first application of mechanically lined pipe based on GluBi® (2) technology from BUTTING.
Project management and engineering will commence immediately at Subsea 7’s offices in Stavanger, Norway. Fabrication of the pipelines will take place at Subsea 7’s spoolbase at Vigra, Norway and offshore operations will take place in 2020 and 2021.
Monica Bjørkmann, Vice President for Subsea 7 Norway said: “Subsea 7 is very pleased with this award by Aker BP, through the Aker BP Subsea Alliance. It acknowledges Subsea 7 as a key partner in the delivery of pioneering technology, transforming the economics of field development. We look forward to continuing our alliance with Aker BP for the Hod Field Development, with safety, reliability and quality at the forefront throughout.”
The field lies in Block 2/11 in the southern part of Norwegian North Sea at a water depth of 72m, 13km south of the Valhall field complex.
The field is operated by Aker BP with a 90% working interest and is co-owned by Pandion Energy with a 10% interest. Production from the Hod field started in August 1990.
(Source: Aker BP)
- DID EON MUSK’ SPACEX BUY THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES ENSCO 8500 AND ENSCO 8501? 20th January 2021
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020