SUBSEA 7 WINS CONTRACT FOR JULIMAR-BRUNELLO PROJECT IN NORTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Subsea 7 confirmed a significant contract award by Woodside for the execution of phase 2 of the Julimar-Brunello Project. This contract was awarded to Subsea 7 earlier this year, subject to the final investment decision of the Julimar-Brunello joint venture participants (Woodside and KUFPEC), which has now occurred.
The Julimar field is located approximately 200 km offshore North Western Australia. The full scope of work will be to design, procure, install and commission a 22 km 18” Corrosion Resistant Alloy (CRA) gas transmission flowline and an umbilical system.
The offshore activities will be performed in 2021 using Subsea 7’s reel-lay and heavy construction vessels.
Andy Woolgar, Subsea 7 Vice President Australia and New Zealand, said: “This contract with Woodside reflects what can be achieved with strong collaboration and early engagement. Our solution demonstrates the advantages of having a full range of installation and pipelay capabilities in Australia and illustrates how Subsea 7’s global technology portfolio allows us to deliver cost-effective solutions to our clients around the world.”
(Source: Subsea 7)
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020