SUBSEA7 AWARDED CONTRACT OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN
Subsea 7 announced the award of a substantial (between $150 and $200 million) contract by BP Exploration for the provision of subsea inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) services offshore Azerbaijan, on both the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) and Shah Deniz (SD) fields.
Under the terms of this five year agreement, the scope of work comprises the provision of a Life of Field support vessel complete with work class and observation class ROVs, capable of performing inspection, survey, intervention, light subsea construction, surface diving and emergency response services. The Life of field support vessel will be supported by a Baku based onshore project management and engineering team. Services will begin in March 2018 with a project team located in Baku and additional specialist support being provided from i-Tech Services’ operations centre in Aberdeen.
Steve Wisely, i-Tech Services Senior Vice President, said: “The award of this long term IRM contract by BP acknowledges the capability, capacity and diversity of our offering in the Life of Field market. This contract represents a significant milestone for i-Tech Services, with our entry into Azerbaijan. It provides us with an opportunity to develop our in-country and regional presence and tailor our service offerings to support BP’s ongoing IRM activities and future offshore developments. We look forward to growing our valued relationship with BP and extending our track record for successfully delivering safe, reliable and efficient Life of Field services.” (Source: Subsea 7 – Image: Shah Deniz Alpha platform/BP)
- STATOIL BANS THE WORD OIL AND BECOMES EQUINOR 15th March 2018
- ExxonMobil GROWTH PLAN: EARNINGS TO DOUBLE BY 2025 08th March 2018
- KCA Deutag ACQUIRES LAND DRILLING CONTRACTOR DALMA ENERGY 06th March 2018
- GE UNVEILS HALIADE-X WORLD’s MOST POWERFUL WIND TURBINE 02nd March 2018
- AWILCO DRILLING TO ORDER UP TO FOUR NEW SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES 01st March 2018
- ExxonMobil REPORTS 7th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 01st March 2018