PNG: SUCCESSFUL TEST OF MURUK-1
Exxon Mobil Corporation announced positive production well test results from the Muruk 1 sidetrack 3 well in the Papua New Guinea North Highlands located about 21 kilometers northwest of the Hides gas field.
The well successfully flowed gas at a rate of 16 million standard cubic feet per day. The well rate was constrained by test facilities which limited tests to short flow and build up periods. Hydrocarbon samples were collected during the production test.
“We are encouraged by these well test results and will integrate them into the ongoing resource evaluation work and potential appraisal program in 2018,” said Steve Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company. “The success at Muruk adds to a growing resource base in PNG, through focused exploration and ExxonMobil’s recent acquisition of InterOil. These high-quality resources position the PNG LNG project for a multiple-train expansion that will continue to provide a highly competitive cost of supply.”
The production test confirms Muruk as a potentially significant new discovery close to existing PNG LNG infrastructure.
Oil Search began drilling the Muruk 1 well on Nov. 2, 2016. (Source: ExxonMobil – Image Loop PNG : Drilling Muruk-1)
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019