PNG: SUCCESSFUL TEST OF MURUK-1
Exxon Mobil Corporation announced positive production well test results from the Muruk 1 sidetrack 3 well in the Papua New Guinea North Highlands located about 21 kilometers northwest of the Hides gas field.
The well successfully flowed gas at a rate of 16 million standard cubic feet per day. The well rate was constrained by test facilities which limited tests to short flow and build up periods. Hydrocarbon samples were collected during the production test.
“We are encouraged by these well test results and will integrate them into the ongoing resource evaluation work and potential appraisal program in 2018,” said Steve Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company. “The success at Muruk adds to a growing resource base in PNG, through focused exploration and ExxonMobil’s recent acquisition of InterOil. These high-quality resources position the PNG LNG project for a multiple-train expansion that will continue to provide a highly competitive cost of supply.”
The production test confirms Muruk as a potentially significant new discovery close to existing PNG LNG infrastructure.
Oil Search began drilling the Muruk 1 well on Nov. 2, 2016. (Source: ExxonMobil – Image Loop PNG : Drilling Muruk-1)
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020