TAIWAN – SEAJACKS TO INSTALL GREATER CHANGHUA OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES
Seajacks International has been awarded a contract with Ørsted Taiwan Limited for the transport and installation of wind turbine generators at the Greater Changhua Offshore Wind Farm 1 and 2a in Taiwan.
Greater Changhua Offshore Wind Farm 1 and 2a, developed by Ørsted, will consist of 111 SG 8.0 – 167 DD offshore wind turbines installed 35-50km off the Coast of Changhua County, and Seajacks is planning to utilise Seajacks Scylla, the world’s most capable installation jack up, to execute the works.
This will be the third installation project for Seajacks in Taiwan. Seajacks Zaratan is currently installing wind turbines at the Formosa 1 wind farm. Seajacks Scylla will be mobilised to the region to install wind turbines at the Formosa 2 wind farm from 2021.
Sebastian Brooke, Seajacks COO, said:
“We are extremely pleased to enter into this contract with Ørsted Taiwan Limited. Seajacks has developed an effective and cooperative working relationship with Ørsted over the past ten years, and we are looking forward to delivering this technically challenging project efficiently and safely.
This contract is an important milestone for Seajacks and cements our commitment to Taiwan and the Asia Pacific region. Seajacks is pleased to be able to contribute its considerable knowledge and experience, as well as the most capable equipment, to developing these new markets and helping them meet ambitious targets for offshore wind.”
(Source: Seajacks – Image: Seajacks Scylla/Kees Torn)
- FIRST OIL FROM THE GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ARRIVED AT MONGSTAD PLANT 23rd October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019