TAIWAN – SEAJACKS TO INSTALL GREATER CHANGHUA OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES
Seajacks International has been awarded a contract with Ørsted Taiwan Limited for the transport and installation of wind turbine generators at the Greater Changhua Offshore Wind Farm 1 and 2a in Taiwan.
Greater Changhua Offshore Wind Farm 1 and 2a, developed by Ørsted, will consist of 111 SG 8.0 – 167 DD offshore wind turbines installed 35-50km off the Coast of Changhua County, and Seajacks is planning to utilise Seajacks Scylla, the world’s most capable installation jack up, to execute the works.
This will be the third installation project for Seajacks in Taiwan. Seajacks Zaratan is currently installing wind turbines at the Formosa 1 wind farm. Seajacks Scylla will be mobilised to the region to install wind turbines at the Formosa 2 wind farm from 2021.
Sebastian Brooke, Seajacks COO, said:
“We are extremely pleased to enter into this contract with Ørsted Taiwan Limited. Seajacks has developed an effective and cooperative working relationship with Ørsted over the past ten years, and we are looking forward to delivering this technically challenging project efficiently and safely.
This contract is an important milestone for Seajacks and cements our commitment to Taiwan and the Asia Pacific region. Seajacks is pleased to be able to contribute its considerable knowledge and experience, as well as the most capable equipment, to developing these new markets and helping them meet ambitious targets for offshore wind.”
(Source: Seajacks – Image: Seajacks Scylla/Kees Torn)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020