TALOS STARTS PRODUCTION OF MT. PROVIDENCE WELL IN MISSISSIPPI CANYON
Talos Energy Inc., headquartered in Lafayette Louisiana, announced that the Mt. Providence well began producing on July 10, 2018, approximately 60 days ahead of the originally scheduled completion date in early September. Current gross production of 3,850 barrels of oil equivalent per day (“Boe/d”), which is near the top of the previously announced guidance range of 2,000 to 4,000 Boe/d.
The Mt. Providence well was successfully drilled in January 2018 by Stone Energy Corporation after entering into, but before closing, the combination with Talos. The combined Talos team completed the well and hooked it up to the 100% Talos owned Pompano platform in the Company’s Mississippi Canyon complex within six months of concluding drilling operations.
President and Chief Executive Officer Timothy S. Duncan commented, “We are extremely pleased with the results achieved in the Mt. Providence well. It was nice to see the production rate come at the high end of our expectations. Our team’s preparation allowed us to take advantage of earlier rig availability to exceed expectations on timing. With a six month turnaround from completing drilling operations to first production, the team executed this project well ahead of schedule. Using active subsea infrastructure and flowing back to our owned deepwater facility also helped generate attractive economics with very little incremental operating costs. We will continue to focus on safely and efficiently executing other opportunities in on our subsea tieback portfolio.”
About Mt. Providence and the Pompano Field:
Mt. Providence is a subsea well drilled in the Mississippi Canyon Block 028 (MC 028) at a water depth of approximately 1,850 ft.
• Gross production from Mt. Providence is 3,850 Boe/d (3,370 Boe/d net of royalties), of which 88% is oil with an API gravity of 33º
• Talos owns 100% of the Mt. Providence subsea well, which is tied into the existing Pompano Phase II subsea template located approximately 5 miles from the Pompano platform, which is also owned 100% owned by Talos
• The expected IRR from Mt. Providence is 93%, assuming a $60 per barrel of oil flat
• The Pompano field began production in 1994 and has produced over 190 million barrels of oil equivalent (“MMBoe”) of gross production to date. Mt. Providence is one of several drilling locations being developed through our team’s efforts utilizing sophisticated reservoir modeling and recent vintage wide azimuth 3D seismic that has undergone proprietary reprocessing
• Production from Pompano, including the Mt. Providence well, is sold on the High Louisiana Sweet (“HLS”) market, which currently sells approximately at $4.00 per barrel premium to WTI pricing. (Source and image: Talos Energy)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024