TECHNIP TO CONSTRUCT NEW NAPHTA COMPLEX FOR MOTOR OIL HELLAS
TechnipFMC has been awarded a significant Engineering, Procurement and Construction management (EPCm) services contract for the construction of a new naphtha complex for Motor Oil Hellas’ Corinth Refinery in Greece.
This new naphtha complex will have a capacity of 22,000 barrels per day and consist of three new process units: a naphtha hydrotreater unit, a platforming unit and an isomerization unit. Upon completion, the complex will allow Motor Oil Hellas Refinery to increase its production of Euro 5 gasoline, aligned with its strategy to increase the production of clean fuels. The project also includes upgrading the existing utilities and offsite units to meet the requirements of the new complex.
This award follows the successful execution of TechnipFMC’s FEED (front end engineering design) for the same complex.
Catherine MacGregor, President of TechnipFMC’s Onshore/Offshore business, commented: “With this project, TechnipFMC strengthens its expertise in the delivery of complex projects and its leadership within the European downstream market. This project also illustrates the strong historical relationship between TechnipFMC and Motor Oil Hellas over the past 45 years.”
Motor Oil, Corinth Refineries S.A. is a petroleum company based in Greece focusing on petroleum refining and trading. It is a leading force in its sector in Southern Europe and the Mediterranean.
- NEW OIL FIND FOR PETROBRAS IN THE CAMPOS BASIN PRE-SALT 03rd April 2020
- PETROBRAS REDUCES OIL PRODUCTION BY 200,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd April 2020
- BP RESPONDS TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND MARKET DISRUPTION 01st April 2020
- GAZPROM NEFT EXPANDS PRODUCTION FROM ARCTIC FIELDS 30th March 2020
- CONTRACT TERMINATIONS FOR VALARIS DS-8 AND JU-109 OFFSHORE ANGOLA 27th March 2020