TechnipFMC WINS CONTRACT FOR VISUND NORD
TechnipFMC has been awarded an extension to its ongoing Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract from Statoil for Visund Nord IOR project in the Norwegian North Sea.
The ongoing EPC project covers the provision of subsea equipment including template structure, manifold and two subsea trees including wellheads and modifications of control systems to the Visund Nord IOR project, whereas the extension includes installation of the template structure and manifold as well as delivery and installation of flowline spool and umbilical. The project will be executed as an integrated Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (iEPCI).
Hallvard Hasselknippe, President Subsea Projects of TechnipFMC, commented: “This is our second iEPCI contract with Statoil. Our first iEPCI contract for the Trestakk project is progressing well and we are very honored that Statoil has again selected us for the Visund Nord development.”
Visund Nord is an oil and gas field located 10 kilometres from the Visund A platform. The field is developed by means of a subsea installation with two wells and is tied back to the Visund A platform.
The Visund Nord volumes have been estimated at around 29 million barrels of oil equivalents. (Source: TechnipFMC)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020