TechnipFMC AWARDED SUBSEA AND PIPELAY CONTRACT FOR BREIDABLIKK DEVELOPMENT
TechnipFMC has been awarded a significant Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation contract by Equinor for the Breidablikk Pipelay, including option for the Subsea Installation scope located in the area close to the Grane Field, North Sea.
The Breidablikk project is a tie-back to the existing Grane platform. TechnipFMC’s scope includes provision of flexible jumpers and rigid pipelines as well as pipeline installation work.
Jonathan Landes, President Subsea at TechnipFMC, commented: “We have collaborated closely with Equinor in order to optimize the solutions and methodology for the pipelay installation. We are honored to once again be selected by Equinor to create value with our products and services offering.”
The Breidablikk development is subject to final approval by the Norwegian authorities.
The Breidablikk field is one of the largest undeveloped oil discoveries on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Oil will be transported through the Grane oil pipeline to the Sture terminal in Øygarden municipality for storage and shipping. The field will be operated from Equinor’s Sandsli facilities in Bergen. Breidablikk is being phased in during a period of declining oil production at Grane and will help maintain the activity level on the platform.
First oil from the field is scheduled for the first half of 2024.
(Source and image: Equinor – Breidablikk development)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024