TECHNIPFMC AWARDED SUBSEA CONTRACT BY EXXONMOBIL OFFSHORE GUYANA
TechnipFMC has been awarded a significant (between $75 million and $250 million) contract by ExxonMobil affiliate, Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited, for the Gas to Energy Project in Guyana.
Subject to final project sanction, TechnipFMC will provide engineering, procurement, construction and installation of subsea risers and pipelines. The project will connect the production from Liza Destiny and Unity back to shore, delivering associated gas from the field to a gas-fired power plant that will supply electricity to the community.
Jonathan Landes, President, Subsea at TechnipFMC, commented: “The Gas to Energy Project is another example of how we are helping deliver the energy the world needs, and we are thrilled to be supporting another project in Guyana. We remain proud of our dedicated Guyanese employees and are committed to the continued development and expansion of local capabilities.”
TechnipFMC currently employs more than 85 Guyanese, and expects to continue to hire and train additional local staff in support of this award.
(Source: TechnipFMC – Image: Liza Destiny FPSO)
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022