TechnipFMC WINS GORGON STAGE TWO CONTRACT
TechnipFMC has been awarded a subsea installation contract by Chevron Australia, for the Gorgon Stage Two development, located offshore Western Australia in water depths ranging from 250 to 1,340 meters.
The contract covers the project management and engineering, transportation, installation and pre-commissioning of umbilicals and flying leads as well as manifolds. The award also includes fabrication, transportation, installation and testing of rigid spools.
TechnipFMC will leverage local capabilities as well as its global state-of-the-art pipelay fleet for the offshore campaign.
Hallvard Hasselknippe, President of TechnipFMC’s Subsea business, commented: “We are pleased TechnipFMC has been selected for this significant contract. We value our long-term, collaborative relationship and are committed to bring the best assets and our solid experience in project execution, fabrication and installation to the field.”
The Gorgon project is operated by Chevron Australia and is a joint venture of the Australian subsidiaries of Chevron (46.3%), ExxonMobil (25%), Shell (25%), Osaka Gas (1.25%), Tokyo Gas (1%) and JERA (0.417%). The Phase 2 development aims to upgrade the project’s existing subsea facilities to ensure production is maintained for future gas supply. (Source: TechnipFMC)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023