TechnipFMC WINS SHELL CONTRACT OFFSHORE SABAH
TechnipFMC has been awarded an Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation contract by Sabah Shell Petroleum Company Ltd.
This award covers the delivery and installation of subsea equipment including umbilicals, flowlines and the subsea production system for the Gumusut-Kakap Phase 2 Project.
Hallvard Hasselknippe, President of TechnipFMC’s Subsea business, commented: “We are extremely honored to have been awarded this project by Sabah Shell Petroleum. This award demonstrates the added value of our unique integrated offering and brings TechnipFMC’s integrated model to the Asia Pacific region.”
Gumusut-Kakap is Shell Sabah first deep-water project in Malaysia and uses advanced Shell technology to safely produce oil in seas 1,200 metres (3,900 feet) deep. With an annual peak oil production of around 148,000 barrels a day, the platform contributes up to 25% of Malaysia’s oil output. The field comprises 19 subsea wells, with oil exported via a 200-km long pipeline to an oil and gas terminal in Kimanis, Sabah.
Gumusut-Kakap was built entirely in Malaysia, allowing Shell to share its deep-water expertise to boost local companies and help the government create an offshore industry hub in the country. (Source and image: Shell/Gumusut-Kakap production facility)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023