TEPCO AND ORSTED TO DEVELOP CHOSHI OFFSHORE WIND PROJECT
In January 2019, TEPCO and Orsted signed a memorandum of understanding to work jointly on offshore wind projects and have since then been working together to establish a framework and organizational structure for joint development of the Choshi Offshore Wind Project.
TEPCO and Orsted, having formalized their collaboration to develop the Choshi Offshore Wind Project, will submit a joint bid in the Round 1 auction once the Japanese government officially designates the Choshi-city offshore wind promotion area, and further work together on future offshore wind opportunities in the area.
TEPCO Representative Executive Officer and President, Tomoaki Kobayakawa, says “TEPCO and Orsted have been making excellent progress in developing our partnership and we are ready to see successful development of the Choshi Offshore Wind Project. Our two companies have agreed to establish a unique framework that enables us to effectively integrate and leverage strengths and expertise from both sides. We are confident this is key to succeed in the Choshi Offshore Wind Project.”
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. (TEPCO) is Japan’s largest power company group, holding three independent business entities: TEPCO Fuel & Power, Inc., TEPCO Power Grid, Inc., and TEPCO Energy Partner, Inc.
Choshi is a coastal city on Japan’s Cape Inub? in Chiba Prefecture. It’s home to a large fishing port.
Choshi is a city of about 65,000 inhabitants located on a peninsula stretching into the Pacific Ocean in the far northeast corner of Chiba Prefecture, just north of the long Kujukuri Coast on the east coast of Honshu.
- GAZPROM NEFT EXPANDS PRODUCTION FROM ARCTIC FIELDS 30th March 2020
- CONTRACT TERMINATIONS FOR VALARIS DS-8 AND JU-109 OFFSHORE ANGOLA 27th March 2020
- WARTSILA INITIATES COMBUSTION TRIALS USING AMMONIA 26th March 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER CUTS CAPITAL EXPENDITURES BY UP TO 30% 25th March 2020
- SHELL TO SLASH OPERATING COSTS AND CAPEX 24th March 2020
- TOTAL ANNOUNCES IMMEDIATE ACTION PLAN IN RESPONSE TO SHARP DECREASE IN OIL PRICES 23rd March 2020
- EX SERTAO DRILLSHIP KANUNI ARRIVES IN TURKEY 16th March 2020