THE SALE OF THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE WILPHOENIX MARKS THE END OF AWILCO DRILLING
Awilco Drilling, headquartered in Aberdeen, UK, announces that its fully owned subsidiary Awilco Drilling Offshore has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for the sale of the WilPhoenix rig to Well-Safe Solutions Ltd. The agreed purchase price is USD 15.5 million. Expected time of delivery of the rig is on or around 1 June 2022.
WilPhoenix is one of Awilco Drilling’s two Enhanced Pacesetter semi-submersibles and is equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. WilHunter, Awilco Drilling’s other semi-submersible, is in the process of being sold for recycling.
WilPhoenix an Enhanced Pacesetter semi-submersible equipped for drilling in water depths up to 1,200 ft. The semi-submersible was built in 1982 at the Arendal Shipyard in Sweden.
(Source: Awilco Drilling – Image: WilPhoenix on tow off the coast of Scotland)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023