TOTAL ACQUIRES STAKE IN ORINDUIK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA
Total advised that it has exercised option to buy a 25 per cent interest in Orinduik block operated by Tullow Oil offshore Guyana. Following exercise of the option by Total, the Block’s working interests will be as follows: Tullow – 60%, Total – 25%, Eco Guyana – 15%.
According Tullow’s partner Echo Atlantic , the Orinduik is believed to contains an up to 3 billion barrels of oil and gas. Exploration drilling is expected to commence in the third quarter of 2019.
Guyana became one of the world’s most closely watched oil basins after Exxon Mobil discovered more than 4 billion barrels of oil equivalent in its Stabroek licence in recent years.
The 1800km2 Orinduik Block is situated in shallow water (70 to 200m), 170 km offshore Guyana in the Suriname Guyana basin, and is located 11km up-dip from ExxonMobil’s recent Liza discovery and 6km up-dip from Hammerhead discovery. (Source: Stabroek News, Eco)
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019
- US GULF OF MEXICO OIL PRODUCTION READY FOR NEW RECORDS 01st June 2019
- ITHACA ENERGY ACQUIRES CHEVRON NORTH SEA FOR $2 BILLION 30th May 2019