TOTAL AND PARTNERS EXTEND TIN FOUYE TABANKORT LICENSE
Sonatrach, Total, Repsol and Alnaft (the National Agency for the Valorisation of Hydrocarbon Resources), have signed a new concession contract for a period of 25 years to extend the exploitation of the Tin Fouye Tabankort (TFT) gas and condensate field. This new contract(1), which will become effective upon the approval by the relevant Algerian authorities, will give Total a 26.4% interest alongside Sonatrach (51%) and Repsol (22.6%). The companies have also signed a gas marketing agreement.
The partners will carry out the drilling and development investments required to develop additional reserves estimated at more than 250 million barrels of oil equivalent. These investments will allow to maintain the production of the field, which is currently over 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day for 6 years.
“Today’s agreements mark a new milestone in the implementation of the comprehensive partnership agreement signed between Sonatrach and Total in April 2017, and strengthen the strategic cooperation between the two companies. As a historical partner of the TFT field, Total will continue to provide the best of its technological expertise to keep developing the reserves of this gas field. This project is in line with the Group’s strategy to grow its gas production in competitive conditions, “ commented Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO of Total.
The Tin Fouye-Tabankort (TFT) field is one of the largest gas fields in Algeria and is located in the prolific Illizi-Ghadames basin. The field was originally developed as an oil field with production from the large oil leg beneath the gas cap. Total and Repsol were awarded a production licence in 1996 as part of Sonatrach’s strategy to develop the gas sector and TFT was a key early project in developing Algeria’s LPG and condensate production. The Groupement TFT partners commenced wet gas production from the TFT field in March 1999. (Source: Total – Image: Habib Kaki)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018