TOTAL HIRES ROWAN RENAISSANCE TO DRILL OFFSHORE MEXICO
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Renaissance, an R-Class ultra-deepwater drillship, has been awarded a contract in Mexico by Total with a firm term of one well with an estimated duration of 60 days. The agreement includes three one-well options that can be exercised by other Total affiliates. Operations are expected to commence in early 2019. The Rowan Renaissance is currently being reactivated from warm stack offshore Louisiana.
Rowan Renaissance was built in 2014 by Hyndai at Ulsan Shipyard in South Korea. The drillship is currently warm stacked in the US Gulf of Mexico
In March 2018 Total said it will begin drilling its first deepwater exploration well at a block it operates in the Gulf of Mexico in October. The block is located in the Perdido Fold Basin just south of the U.S.-Mexico maritime border.
(Source: Rowan Companies)
- WOOD WINS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT FOR UPPER ZAKUM OILFIELD 14th November 2018
- MAGSEIS TO ACQUIRE FAIRFIELD GEOTECHNOLOGIES SEISMIC BUSINESS 02nd November 2018
- SKRUIS: IMPORTANT OIL DISCOVERY IN THE BARENTS SEA 30th October 2018
- TARA PACIFIC 2016-2018 EXPEDITION SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 27th October 2018
- US INTERIOR GREEN LIGHTS LIBERTY PROJECT OFFSHORE ALASKA 26th October 2018