TOTAL HIRES ROWAN RENAISSANCE TO DRILL OFFSHORE MEXICO
Rowan Companies announced that the Rowan Renaissance, an R-Class ultra-deepwater drillship, has been awarded a contract in Mexico by Total with a firm term of one well with an estimated duration of 60 days. The agreement includes three one-well options that can be exercised by other Total affiliates. Operations are expected to commence in early 2019. The Rowan Renaissance is currently being reactivated from warm stack offshore Louisiana.
Rowan Renaissance was built in 2014 by Hyndai at Ulsan Shipyard in South Korea. The drillship is currently warm stacked in the US Gulf of Mexico
In March 2018 Total said it will begin drilling its first deepwater exploration well at a block it operates in the Gulf of Mexico in October. The block is located in the Perdido Fold Basin just south of the U.S.-Mexico maritime border.
(Source: Rowan Companies)
- YELLOWTAIL-1 BECOMES 13th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 19th April 2019
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE ANADARKO FOR $33 BILLION 13th April 2019
- ENSCO ROWAN BECOMES WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE DRILLING COMPANY BY FLEET SIZE 12th April 2019
- GLOBAL DISCOVERIES OF CONVENTION RESOURCES ON THE RISE IN 2019 09th April 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP KAOMBO SUL FPSO IN ANGOLAN DEEPWATER 02nd April 2019