TOTALENERGIES ACQUIRES QUADRA ENERGY
TotalEnergies has signed agreements with the Aloys Wobben Foundation (AWS) to acquire the entire share capital of the German company Quadra Energy. Founded in 2012 and boasting a “virtual power plant” totaling 9 GW, Quadra Energy is one of the top 3 aggregators of renewable electricity production in Germany – the largest power market in Europe with the highest renewable growth.
Specializing in the aggregation of renewable electricity, Quadra Energy purchased production from around 5,000 wind and solar power plants in 2022, and then resold 14 TWh on wholesale markets and to German resellers and customers. Quadra Energy has also developed since 2021 a portfolio of medium-term contracts for the purchase of 2 TWh of renewable power and their sale through corporate PPAs.
This acquisition, which is subject to approval by the relevant authorities, will enable TotalEnergies to further strengthen its integrated power business in Germany. TotalEnergies will leverage the extensive expertise of Quadra Energy’s 40 staff members, as well as its innovative weather-forecasting platform. These assets will also enable the Company to strengthen its trading capacity on the intraday markets and to broaden its marketing activities to offer its German customers competitive corporate PPAs and clean firm power. Finally, Quadra Energy’s in-depth knowledge of local renewable developers will also make it easier for TotalEnergies to develop its own renewable production capacity in the country, following its successful bid for a 3 GW offshore wind concession in July.
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023