TOTALENERGIES TO INCREASE SAF PRODUCTION OF ITS GRANDPUITS FACILITY
TotalEnergies is stepping up production of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and low carbon energies of its Grandpuits site. These investments reflect the Company’s ambition to develop low carbon energies and the circular economy, and consist of:
• The doubling of SAF production at Grandpuits, bringing the site’s annual production capacity to 285,000 tons, i.e. almost double the capacity announced in 2020. This new investment responds to the gradual increase in minimum SAF shares mandated by the EU, and set at 6% for 2030.
• The development of low carbon energies at the Grandpuits zero-crude platform, with the construction of a biomethane production unit with annual capacity of 80 gigawatthours (GWh), equivalent to the annual demand of 16,000 people. It will be supplied with organic waste from the biorefinery, and will prevent the emission of almost 20,000 tons of CO2 every year. The unit strengthens TotalEnergies’ position as leader in biogas production in France.
TotalEnergies is developing Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF). These are biofuels produced from waste and residues from the circular economy (animal fats, used cooking oils, etc.) and “e-jets”, synthetic fuels for aviation. These sustainable aviation fuels will significantly reduce CO2 emissions from air transport.
In September 2020, TotalEnergies took the decision to convert its Grandpuits refinery into a zero-crude facility. Grandpuits is located in north-central France at about 58km from Paris
(Source and image: TotalEnergies – Grandpuits platform)
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023