TRANSOCEAN: 11-WELL CONTRACT FOR GSF DEVEOPMENT DRILLER I
Transocean Ltd. announced that the ultra-deepwater semisubmersible GSF Development Driller I was awarded an 11-well contract (approximately 955 days) commencing offshore Australia in the first half of 2019 with Chevron Australia. The estimated firm contract backlog, excluding integrated services, is approximately $158 million. Additionally, the contract includes four one-well options.
GSF Development driller 1 is an ultra-deepwater semi-sumersible capable to drill in water depths up to 7,500 ft. The unit was built at PPL shipyard in Singapore in 2008.
Transocean owns or has partial ownership interests in, and operates a fleet of 43 mobile offshore drilling units consisting of 24 ultra-deepwater floaters, 12 harsh environment floaters, two deepwater floaters and five midwater floaters. In addition, Transocean is constructing two ultra-deepwater drillships; and one harsh environment semisubmersible in which the company has a one-third interest. (Source: Transocean)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024