TRANSOCEAN IDLE RIGS BACK TO WORK
Transocean advised that three ultra-deepwater drilling rigs have secured contracts and will return to work. The units were previously idle.
• GSF Development Driller I was awarded a three-well contract plus two one-well options for Quadrant Energy offshore Australia.
• Deepwater Asgard is awarded a two-well contract in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
• Development Driller III – Awarded a two-well contract. (Location and client are not disclosed)
Transocean has also secured three contract extensions:
• Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 UDW drillship – Woodside exercised two one-well options offshore Myanmar.
• Paul B. Loyd, Jr. mid-water floater – BP exercised a one-well option in the U. K. North Sea.
• Transocean Arctic mid-water floater – Aker BP exercised three one-well options in the Norwegian North Sea.
Transocean owns or has partial ownership interests in, and operates a fleet of 44 mobile offshore drilling units consisting of 30 ultra-deepwater floaters, seven harsh environment floaters, three deepwater floaters and four midwater floaters. Additionally, the company has four ultra-deepwater drillships under construction or under contract to be constructed.
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023