TRANSOCEAN PROSPECT AND TRANSOCEAN SEARCHER SOLD FOR SCRAP
Transocean advised that the midwater floaters Transocean Prospect and Transocean Searcher were classified as held for sale. The rigs will be recycled in an environmentally responsible manner.
Transocean Prospect, a 3rd generation Trovisk Bingo 3000 design was built at Tsu Shipyard in Japan in 1983. The rig is cold stacked in the UK.
Transocean Searcher a sister vessel of Transocean Prospect was built in 1983 at Tonsberg Shipyard in Norway and is today cold stacked in Norway. (Source: Transocean – Image: Alfan Beem / Transocean Prospect in the port of Rotterdam, January 2006)
- TIMOR RESOURCES TO EXPLORE ONE OF THE LAST FRONTIERS FOR OIL AND GAS 20th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019