TRANSOCEAN PROSPECT AND TRANSOCEAN SEARCHER SOLD FOR SCRAP
Transocean advised that the midwater floaters Transocean Prospect and Transocean Searcher were classified as held for sale. The rigs will be recycled in an environmentally responsible manner.
Transocean Prospect, a 3rd generation Trovisk Bingo 3000 design was built at Tsu Shipyard in Japan in 1983. The rig is cold stacked in the UK.
Transocean Searcher a sister vessel of Transocean Prospect was built in 1983 at Tonsberg Shipyard in Norway and is today cold stacked in Norway. (Source: Transocean – Image: Alfan Beem / Transocean Prospect in the port of Rotterdam, January 2006)
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020