TRANSOCEAN PROSPECT AND TRANSOCEAN SEARCHER SOLD FOR SCRAP
Transocean advised that the midwater floaters Transocean Prospect and Transocean Searcher were classified as held for sale. The rigs will be recycled in an environmentally responsible manner.
Transocean Prospect, a 3rd generation Trovisk Bingo 3000 design was built at Tsu Shipyard in Japan in 1983. The rig is cold stacked in the UK.
Transocean Searcher a sister vessel of Transocean Prospect was built in 1983 at Tonsberg Shipyard in Norway and is today cold stacked in Norway. (Source: Transocean – Image: Alfan Beem / Transocean Prospect in the port of Rotterdam, January 2006)
- EXXONMOBIL SELLS ITS UK UPSTREAM ASSETS IN CENTRAL AND NORTHERN NORTH SEA 26th February 2021
- CHRISTOPHE DE MARGERIE COMPLETES UNIQUE WINTER VOYAGE IN THE ARTIC 19th February 2021
- NOBLE CORPORATION COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 09th February 2021
- THE END OF POLARCUS – LENDERS WITHDRAW SUPPORT OF ONGOING VESSEL OPERATIONS 02nd February 2021
- SINGAPORE TURNS A PAGE IN ITS HISTORY – KEPPEL EXITS OFFSHORE RIG BUILDING 29th January 2021
- NINE YEARS OLD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP TUNGSTEN EXPLORER SOLD FOR SCRAP 27th January 2021
- DID EON MUSK’ SPACEX BUY THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES ENSCO 8500 AND ENSCO 8501? 20th January 2021