TRANSOCEAN TO SELL ENTIRE JACKUP FLEET TO BORR DRILLING
Oslo based Borr Drilling announced the signing of a Letter of Intent with Transocean for the acquisition of 15 high-specification jackup rigs. The transaction consists of the entire jackup fleet of Transocean, comprising 10 units in the actual Transocean fleet and 5 newbuilds under construction at Keppel FELS shipyard in Singapore.
Total consideration for the transaction is expected to be approximately USD 1.35 billion and include remaining contract backlog and remaining yard instalments to Keppel FELS for the 5 newbuilds. The board of directors of Keppel FELS has pre-approved the novation of the New-building contracts. A deposit has in line with what has been agreed between the parties been paid from Borr to Transocean. Borr has secured financing for the transaction through a private placement of equity securities. The completion of the transaction is expected to take place before the end of May 2017.
Borr Drilling Previouly Magnus Drilling acquired in December 2016, two newbuild jackups from Hercules Offshore, Hecules Triumph and Resilience named Borr Drilling Frigg and Borr Drilling Ran. The two units are today ready stacked. (Source: Borr Drilling – Image: Transocean/ Transocean andaman jackup)
- MAERSK OIL INSTALLS THIRD CULZEAN JACKET 21st July 2017
- SCHLUMBERGER TO ACQUIRE MAJORITY SHARE IN EURASIA DRILLING COMPANY 21st July 2017
- ICHTHYS VENTURER SAIL AWAY 20th July 2017
- TALOS REPORTS HISTORIC OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MEXICO 13th July 2017
- BAKER HUGHES AND GE OIL & GAS CREATE BHGE 04th July 2017
- BP CELEBRATES 40 YEARS OF PRUDHOE BAY 20th June 2017